Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Makes 12-24 Cookies depending on how big you like them.
¾ Cup Butter, Room Temperature
¾ Cup Packed Brown Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 Cup Toasted Pecans coarsely chopped
¼ Cup Baking Carmel Chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until it is light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add vanilla and egg. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt into a small bowl and combine. Add to the butter mixture and combine.
- Stir in pecans and caramel.
- Make balls of cookie dough (around 2 Tablespoons) and place on the cookie sheet. These cookies don’t spread a lot. If you want a flatter cookie, use the bottom of a glass and spray it with cooking spray and press the balls into a circle.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. The bottoms will start to brown before the tops. Make sure you take them out when the bottoms are getting browned. They may look a little under cooked but they will continue to cook while on the cooling rack.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes then remove and place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Once cooled, store cookies in an airtight container. They may last 3-5 days in your home but they usually get eaten in the first day at my house. ENJOY!